labor reasonable

Old 08-04-08, 04:45 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
labor reasonable

I have been given a quote of $725 for labor to replace a 20x12 foot section of leaking roof. price only includes tear off, reroof , and clean up. Disposal(trash container and haul away) not included. Rural, Midwestern location. Is this a reasonable qoute?

Old 08-06-08, 04:20 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Roof

Your cost is twice what I paid here in East Tennessee. Our roof is 4/12 pitch. Job included tear off, replacing 3 sheets of OSB sheathing, disposal of all debris, adding ridge vents, and roofing with 30-year architectural shingles. It is difficult to compare prices in different parts of the country. Our job was 35 squares. Yours is only 2.4 squares. Also, you did not mention your roof pitch or what type/quality shingles. Hope you can get comparisons in your local area. Good luck with your project.

Old 08-12-08, 07:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You should get several quotes on this job before making a decision on reasonability. I think, however, what's happening here is that although it's a very small job, a roofer still has to bear his overhead costs to do the work including possibly having to pay a crew a full days wages. He may be charging you his "minimum charge" to come out and do the work.
But again, get some other estimates.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: