Tarco Roll

Old 08-30-08, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tarco Roll roofing question

I have a garage roof "one layer of shingles" with a 40 degree pitch one side of the roof is really bad I do not have the time to rip off both sides and shingle I seen Tarco black fiberglass mineral roll roofing 36" X 36' at the Home Depot, can I use this on such a pitched roof will that angle tear at the nail locations in the material by its own weight? also is that the right kind of rolled roofing to use for something like this? My area of roof needing replacement is 300 sq' apx 12X20 One half Thanks Sonny PS I understand shingles are the way to go, BUT if I were to do that I would also put 3/8 plywood on top of the 1"x7" boards already there I'm asking if rolled roofing like I mention above will last 2 or 3 years

Last edited by sonny; 08-30-08 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-30-08, 09:21 PM
G
Why not just buy a tarp and nail it down with furring strips?
They make tarps in all kinds of pretty colors. And it will probably last longer than the 90#.

Old 08-30-08, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by GMAN69 View Post
Why not just buy a tarp and nail it down with furring strips?
They make tarps in all kinds of pretty colors. And it will probably last longer than the 90#.
Why don't you stick a nice pink tarp on your house wise guy what a punk

Old 08-31-08, 11:23 AM
G
I really wasn't trying to sound jerky. Im sure you could find a tarp that's close in color to whats there and it will last just as long as the 90# would or longer and it would save a lot of cash until you could do it right.

Old 08-31-08, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by GMAN69 View Post
I really wasn't trying to sound jerky. Im sure you could find a tarp that's close in color to whats there and it will last just as long as the 90# would or longer and it would save a lot of cash until you could do it right.
Ok if that's what you really meant to say I'm sorry , because that's completely opposite of the way I read it. My question was is the pitch to much of a angle for the rolled roofing, I am going to just nail it over what I have for now, overlapping seems of course, I am looking for about 2 or 3 years, that badly worn roof side is not visible to my yard and is pretty much not visible on the other side as well Plus I think the black rolled roofing would not look all that bad anyway if I put it down straight one side is going to cost around 135.00, I have read it can last between 5-7 years if done right. When I get around to it, I will do a complete rip off, then install 3/8 plywood over the 1"x7" boards already there (that would pass code I was told by my township)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: