Designing a 40'X48' Pole Barn, Need Help With Roof

Old 11-19-08, 01:18 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Designing a 40'X48' Pole Barn, Need Help With Roof

Hey folks, I was hoping I could get some help with deciding what pitch I would need, on a metal roof for the pole barn I'm going to have built. See what I'd like to do, is have enough room on the floor to work on my vehicles, and have a room upstairs just big enough I can put a poker table, pool table (8'), couch, and TV. I'm trying to keep the costs as low as possible. How big a room ya think I'd need, without feeling too cramped? What roof pitch would you go with? Right now I'm figuring 10'x10' doors and 12' walls. I'd really appreciate any opinions or suggestions! By the way, here's a pic of what I'm looking to do so far.

Old 11-19-08, 02:19 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If going with metal roof, it's best to get several quotes. These will guide you in regard to pitch. There are so many levels of quality of metal roofing products and fastener systems. You need to do some more in depth research.
The quality and longevity of metal roofing systems tend to extend far beyond roof slope issues.

Old 11-19-08, 05:06 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Roof

Two questions: What size room? Which dimension will the roof trusses be spanning, the 40' or the 48'?

Assuming a 12 foot-wide room with 8 foot-high walls and the trusses spanning the 40' dimension, the pitch would be 8/14.

Old 11-20-08, 04:56 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
go with a Gambrel roof. barnplans.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: