Leaking Skylight..blah blah blah..

Old 01-07-09, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaking Skylight..blah blah blah..

So I have two curb mount skylights on my house, both located on a vaulted living room roof. I have a leak in the bottom corner of one of them.

I had similar problem last year right after a large amount of snow was melting off, after it dried up, no leak, even when it rained. I have been up there and there is a fair amount of "BlackJack" on top of both.

My hunch tells me it is the snow sitting on the upper ridge of the curb, melts runs down under the flashing and batta boom, leak.

How would I go about removing/replacing the flashing kits on these turkeys, without reroofing the entire roof?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-09, 05:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
To help us better understand your problem, can you upload a picture to a file sharing service and then post the link here?

Old 01-12-09, 02:26 AM
you can buy new lites with a curb mount flashing set up,it doesn`t sound like the gasket so much ,from what you said,if the melting snow gets in that seam,There should be torrential leaking thru it with a rain---more likely the snow is causing a backup at the skylights(because they are a heat source),and the backed up water is getting in thru the bottom area of the curb,where you probably need a minor roof repair--with pictures we could see better,try to get an outside shot of the roof skylight ,from the top,then the base from about where you see the leak come in