Roof/Rafter Help Please

Old 01-23-09, 12:34 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 174
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roof/Rafter Help Please

When I had my house inspected, the Inspector said the joists & rafters holding up the roof were bad & a Structural Engineer was needed to design the fix. I gave all this info & pictures to the Roofer. I thought he had taken care of it. I just had an energy audit done by the same Inspector & he said the roof was not repaired the way it was supposed to be. He said it was a "temporary fix". I know I need to call the original roofer, but honestly, I dont trust a word he says now. I assume I need to hire a Structural Engineer (at my cost) & then show his report to the roofer. Where do I find someone like this? Thanks/Jina
Old 01-23-09, 12:52 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 19,281
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Yellow pages in your area under Engineers. You could also ask the inspector if he had any recommendations, though they may be hesitant for legal reasons.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: