Mold or sap?

Old 02-19-09, 02:33 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mold or sap?

I noticed a dark blotchy color spreading out over my eaves this winter - my sister thinks it's sap, as something similar happened to her house once, but I kind of think it's mold. It's most noticeable in the front of the house, but I'm beginning to see it on the back as well, (only under the eaves), and it's pretty prevalent in the front corner of the house, near a gutter.

I noticed it sppearing after we had a pest company out to kill a hive we had in the eaves, and I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. The nest was where the biggest concentration of mold/sap/whatever is.

Here are a couple of pictures I took - this is not the largest concentration (hard to take from a story down), but I hope this helps.

Snapfish: Registration:FD:Lite

I hope that works! If not, perhaps someone can tell me a good way to post pics. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!! I just want to figure out exactly what it is and what I'll need to do to get rid of it.

Old 02-19-09, 03:19 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
try photobucket.com and post the link over here.

Bud

Old 02-19-09, 03:25 PM
E
Old 02-19-09, 04:24 PM
D
well judging from the pictures I would say its mould. you can get some plastic such as a piece of vapor barrier... maybe even shrink wrap will work.. and tape it directly to the wall. All 4 sides must be taped right usually with tuck tape( the red tape) and leave it for 3-4 days then remove it there is water on plastic odds are you have a water issue such as no membrane on the opposite side but then again I havent had any real experience dealing with saturated concrete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: