Underground drain tile clog

Old 04-11-09, 01:57 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Underground drain tile clog

My house is 37 years old and has perimeter drain tile around the outside of the foundation where the basement is, and continuing away and downhill (underground) from the house. I've had some flooding problems lately and the water seems to enter where the walls and floor meet on the east and west sides of the house. I clean the gutters regularly and wonder if the downspouts or, worse, the drain tile are plugged with leaves and debris. Is there a procedure recommended to clear obstructions with some kind of snake? The downspouts each go into a vertical pipe a few inches above ground that ties into the tile below.

Old 04-17-09, 11:29 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hi Fritzy,

Yes there is a tool that I've seen used. It is similar to a snake / rotor tool except it has a circular saw type end and guide on it. The problem that was being cleaned / cleared was an over abundance of palm tree roots with some getting into the tile pipe ( water hungry ). How they got that out - I don't know - but I imagine they dug to the pipe and opened / replaced it. I do know that there is a few less palms in his yard.

Glenn

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: