Gutter Drain Angle

Old 04-19-09, 02:56 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gutter Drain Angle

I have 52 feet of gutter to install on a straight run. I know I need to divide it so that it will angle both directions from the center or approximate center. My question, is there a piece that connects the two different angles at the center point or do you just make it fit? Also do I have to make the division a exactly half way? If I do that means the splice will be over my door and I do not neccessarily like that idea, just encase it would leak at that point

Old 04-19-09, 06:08 PM
R
If it's a typical 5" aluminum seamless gutter, it's easy to bend it a few inches over the 52' to get slope in each direction. You don't need much, just the slightest bit below level.

Start in the middle as close to the top of the fascia as you can get (just beneath the shingles or drip edge), and work towards one end, fastening one bracket every 10' or so, checking it with a level as you go. Once you're satisfied it's working on both ends, fasten in the rest of your brackets.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Old 04-19-09, 07:38 PM
A
Thanks Rob it does help, appreciate your comeback. I will be using vinyl, but should be able to do the same thing you suggest.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: