Looking at buying a flat roof house

Old 05-18-09, 07:24 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looking at buying a flat roof house

I am looking at a house for sale that has a flat top roof. I don't know anything about these types so that is my biggest hesitation for this purchase. I haven't been up there yet so I don't know what it looks like or where the water goes or anything like that. I can't even tell if this kind of house has an attic? It looks like if it did, it wouldn't be large enough to even move around.
Can you tell anything by these pictures? Is the roof even with the top of the shingle line or is it recessed a couple feet or what.
I will have the hosue inspected before buying, but should I have a roofer look at it too? Anything else I should look at for these types of roofs?

Thanks

Old 05-23-09, 06:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
James, welcome to the forums! Flat roofs, if done properly are fine. After all, most commercial buildings you see have flat roofs. If not done properly they will be the biggest headache you could ever conceive. If you want to post pictures, post them to a site such as photobucket.com and copy/paste the HTML code to your reply post. We can see what you see and may can offer some advice.

Larry

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: