Fixed window leaking, how to reseal?

Old 05-26-09, 06:45 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fixed window leaking, how to reseal?

Hello,
I have a fixed arched window that sits above my sliding glass doors. The same model as picture below. The problem is when I get driving rain towards the window I get water leaking down through the wall above my doors, so it is definitely not coming from the doors, but from above. So I was thinking the first thing I would try is resealing the the arched window. There is caulking around outside of window, but if I wanted to re do sealing do I need to remove old caulking? What should I use? What else should I look at?
Thanks,
CP

Old 05-26-09, 05:36 PM
M
It may not be your window, the leakage may be caused by your shutters. You shutters appear to be screwed directly to your stucco. If the screwheads are not sealed properly it is possible for water to follow any passage it can find. I can't tell if your shutters are flashed or not so it possible water accumulated behind the frame and penetrates the walls where ever it can. I would look here first.

Old 05-26-09, 06:30 PM
C
Sorry I wasn't more clear, but that isn't my house, it is a similar model to mine. I do not have those kind of shutters, but I do have a f-track at the bottom where storm panels screw into. This track is screwed into the CBS wall with just tapcons. Should I try caulking the top of this track?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: