Gutter Guards

Old 06-24-09, 04:16 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gutter Guards

After spending a few hours on a 20+ foot ladder cleaning the rear gutters on our house, I decided it was the first and last time I go through that exercise. Starting to look into the different types of gutter guards and think I like the design of a solid guard by Amerimax.

Amerimax Home Products, Inc.

Was curious if anyone out there is using this product or something similar...

Last edited by try2diy; 06-24-09 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Needed to change image link
Old 06-24-09, 05:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Also look into the Gutter Protection: How the Gutter Helmet System Works - GutterHelmet.com design. I have customers who really like them, and they seem to work, although look at them you'd say.....huh?

Larry

Old 06-25-09, 01:07 AM
T
Gutter Guards

Chandler,

I thought this was a do-it-yourself website and you are referring me to a product that I would have to pay somebody else to install? Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Just razzin you. Appreciate you sharing about other products. The one you mentioned looks similar to what I was looking at except for that one bracket.

C'mon peeps, somebody out here has used a similar product. If so, I'd like to hear what you thought about it.

Thanks!

Old 06-25-09, 04:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
If you can buy the product, you can install it yourself. That site was just to show you the product. I didn't even read their ad. There is nothing written in stone regarding installing things yourself, and this surely isn't one. Good luck with the choices. Extend your searches, now you know the product name.

Old 07-03-09, 07:25 AM
D
Since I'm in the process of painting the house and our old gutters are 30+, dented and pretty ugly... I'm going to have new gutters put on and the gutter guard concept at least sounds good. I usually have to clean our gutters 3-4 times a year to ensure good flow.

Prices are all over the place, I currently have 240 feet of gutters on our two-story colonial and the guards can easily add $1500 to $3000 to the price. Two I looked at are Gutter Shutter and the Waterfall system. My biggest concern is pine needles and small seed pods. I think all these systems will deflect oak, maple, birch leaves, and acorns as well... but it's the tiny stuff that might do you in.

Old 07-21-09, 12:27 PM
B
I did quite a bit of research on different gutter companies, and I found guttermaxx had not only the best looking gutter, but the most advanced and was engineered perfectly. Not only is the gutter engineered great, but they had a few experts come out and customize it perfectly for my home.

Here is a little demonstration of how the product works etc.:

GutterMaxx Product Description

I have had the product for a few years now, and check frequently (they have a snap on snap off cover, very durable though) and there is no debris and the drainage in storms is a million times better than before.

Old 07-29-09, 08:03 PM
H
Hello everyone.

I just joined the site and was scanning the forum topics and thought I would throw in my .02 here.

I bought the gutter brush and installed it myself in about 20 mins for 200 feet of gutters. So far it has worked flawlessly and I would have to say this is about the best product with ease of install and cost and ability to clean out when/if needed. A friend of mind did a gutter helmet system of some sort and his cost was over 1,000 for his house.
Gutter Guard, Gutter Cleaning, Gutterbrush Gutter Guards, Rain Gutters Protection is the product I used.
Joel new here and newly 1st time home owner.

Old 07-30-09, 04:48 PM
Check out Leaf Relief from Alcoa. Great product.

Leaf Relief // Your Gutter Protection Solution

Old 06-03-11, 02:00 AM
Old topic, but I'll have my say too. I tried Hallet Gutter Covers and using it until now. Amerimax worked fine for me too, but in terms of durability I'm on Hallett's side.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: