Dewalt roofing nailer problem

Old 07-25-09, 02:49 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Dewalt roofing nailer problem

Hi I have a Dewalt D51321 roofing nailer that isn't shooting many nails straight, which is very annoying since it breaks the felt all the time. The Senco SNC40R I also use is a lot better and the Dewalt should be just as good. (As it is now the dewalt is more or less garbage) I figure there is something wrong with it but hasn't been able to identify any error or malfunction, tried with various psi and depth adjustments. Noted that on lower psi the feeding of new nails fails frequently. I am shooting felt using 3/4" dewalt nails. Any suggestions on what I should check? The nailer has not been used much and is in a new condition, apart from this problem. Thanx

Old 07-25-09, 06:29 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
It sounds like something went out of alignment or something is in the nail path. Shoot some compressed air where the nails exit the gun. Otherwise, there maybe another adjustment screw that would only be used by techs.

Was the gun dropped?

Old 07-26-09, 12:48 AM
R
Originally Posted by Pulpo View Post
It sounds like something went out of alignment or something is in the nail path. Shoot some compressed air where the nails exit the gun. Otherwise, there maybe another adjustment screw that would only be used by techs.

Was the gun dropped?
Hi

No the gun has never been dropped and the path is clean without any scratches or notches or anything like that.

I'll take it apart to see if I can find something, if not I'll just consider it another dewalt for the garbage bin.

Old 07-26-09, 02:49 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
Is it new enough to still be under warranty?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: