Your thoughts and opinions on metal roofs

Old 08-14-09, 03:36 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your thoughts and opinions on metal roofs

Hi everyone

My next possible next year project is to get a metal roof (aluminum) installed next fall.

I will most likely attempt it myself since it is more then half off the price of them doing it. They offer a class for us DIY'ers and a dvd and a "golden hammer" aka borrow one of their guys for a day for 1,000.00 to do anything tricky or solve problems.
I want to know who has installed their own aluminum/steel roof and your thoughts about it. Good or bad.
Cost I was quoted for material was 7,100.00 It would be green and their Oxford style. Michigan Metal Roofing Contractors & DIY Metal Roofing Experts | American Metal Roofs is the co. I have gotten this info from. Anymore insight is appreciated.
Thanks
Joel

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-09, 09:54 PM
As a roofer myself. I've installed many different types of metal roofing systems. what type of system are you looking to install? standing seam?

Old 08-15-09, 12:41 PM
H
I don't think its called standing seam (since im not a roofer and not up with the technical wording and all.

It is an all aluminum roof system. All sections interlock with each other on all four sides the nails/fasteners are all hidden.

The web site I posted in my first message shows some of the styles they do. They offer copper and steel but aluminum was the route I was expecting to go anyhow.
Joel

Old 08-23-09, 06:57 PM
ahh i checked out the link in your first post. its just interlocking metal shingles.