Conductor boot?

Old 02-16-10, 04:41 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Conductor boot?

My sister has been told by the city that she has to replace her gutters & downspouts. The part we don't understand is they said to seal the opening at conductor boot. What is that? This was put in a letter so we have no way to clarify.

Any help is much appreciated.

Old 02-16-10, 05:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Completing your profile will tell us where you are located and we have people all over the place that can possibly give more local information. I don't understand how the city can tell someone they have to replace gutters and downspouts unless they are hanging off the house and causing an eyesore. What is their reasoning for this? It may be the gutters and downspouts need replacing, but I don't see where Big Brother has anything to say about it.
The conductor boot is where your electrical wiring enters the house. There are products made specifically for that. I helps keep water, dirt and little varmits out of the wall area.
You do have a way to clarify, go to the city offices and find the person who signed the letter and ask them to clarify it. They work for you, not the other way around. But be nice.

Old 02-17-10, 01:50 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Chandler. We're dealing with the City of Detroit. We have gone to the offices and have placed calls. I cannot tell you how frustrating they are to deal with. You are not the first person to question how they can have any say about this. Unreal.

I'll head to Home Depot and hopefully this is an easy fix.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: