Gutter install question

Old 04-02-10, 02:07 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gutter install question

I am installing a ~30ft straight run of gutter on the back of my house. I am a bit concerned about how to attach it and what hangers to use. The shape of my fascia makes me believe I can't use conventional hangers and may need under-shingle mounts. Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-10, 08:17 PM
P
you can use a RAYTEC namebrand hidden hanger for these. those are the best hangers i have ever used. you can get them off ebay for pretty cheap. for thirty feet you are going to need about 15-20 hangers to be on the safe side. just make sure you get the gutters under the drip edge when installing them. hope this helps!

Old 04-06-10, 08:26 PM
D
Looks like an older home that had been cleaned up by installing custom facia to cover the facia board and the molding (quite often crown molding) This is good in that it eliminates painting. The bad part is the angled area of the facia. If using a screwed on hanger, the gutter will not be positioned with it's bottom flat and it is a good possibility that the screw will be into the aluminum facia and maybe into a 1/2 inch of wood in the molding. A better bet would be to use t-bar hangers that attach to the roof and hang the gutter under the drip edge. Hanger should be installed every two feet. Start one foot in from the end and mark for the rest of the hangers every two feet or less. Some day, the gutter may be full of water or loaded with snow and ice and you don't want it coming down on your head.