Contractor And Inadequate Roofing

Old 04-08-10, 01:09 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Contractor And Inadequate Roofing

I recently had a re-roof job done on a 10 pitch roof and they roofed during winds of around 35MPH. A lot of damage was done to the edge of the shingles by the roofers bracing themselves (The didn't use harnesses). The drip rail is pieced by 2-3 inch sections in places, and bent due to the wind, where the drip rails are bent around corners it is sloppy. But all that is my problem and I'm still working with the foreman and he still has insurance check to pick up. I have W metal valleys and in one valley I note that the shingles are vertical along the valley and then horizontal shingles are laid on top. I questioned the foreman and he says, "That's the way it's done." I've never seen valleys installed like this but Ive never had metal W valleys before. Is that the truth? Does a roofer lay shingles vertical along the w metal valley? I rate this roofing job overall as inadequately sloppy.

Old 04-08-10, 04:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,924 Upvotes on 1,728 Posts
That is one way to do a valley- many roofers like it because it eliminates cutting shingles in the valley and usually results in a cleaner look. (Hopefully they put the vertical shingle with the color side toward the valley!)

The rest of the work does sound sloppy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: