Roof and Gutter question

Old 07-04-10, 02:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roof and Gutter question

I am planning to re-roof the house next year (if I can get the money together) which will require new shingles (obviously), felt, and decking as the original is in fairly bad shape. Someone actually visibly put their foot through it. Also, I am planning on putting in a ridge vent as the only vents currently are 2 gable vents. Hopefully this year I'll be putting in some soffit vents to help with cooling (already baking).

My biggest question is with the gutters, they were put up very badly, i.e. there are about 5 downspouts to each side of the house, the sections don't connect and most lack the needed angle to drain properly. Would I be okay to just remove the sections that aren't above a door for this year and call it good until I get the roof replaced, or should I do gutters this year?

I hate to have the water just run off the roof but holding it in the gutters isn't much better. From what I've inspected of the drip edge it looks to be in good shape.

Thanks

Old 07-04-10, 04:21 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One thing that the gutters & downspouts do is keep the water away from the foundation. If the cellar is already damp, I wouldn't "call it good" until next year.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: