Dripping rain gutter

Old 08-21-10, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dripping rain gutter

My house has what appears to be the type of gutter that doesn't allow any leaves or pine needles into it. It appears to be securely fastened to the edge of the roof where it belongs. Recently, in spite of there having been no rain for about a month and enough hot weather that any moisture or water should have evaporated, a rather significant drip has developed right at the end of the rain gutter, falling on to the deck, and I can't figure out where it is coming from. This morning there was a significant puddle and trail of water several feet around and in a trail away from the place where the drip hits the deck. I've climbed up a ladder to see if I could figure anything out and see nothing to indicate where this drip is coming from, other than possibly from the rain gutter. A week or so back, this happened for a day or two and then stopped, only to start again overnight. Is it possible for there to be some kind of accumulation of water under the roofing material that can't be seen? And what are the possible ways of finding out? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 08-22-10, 06:42 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there an air conditioner above it? Condensation could be the cause.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: