Gutter cleaning tool recommendations

Old 08-31-10, 07:45 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gutter cleaning tool recommendations

I'm looking for a safe, effective way to clean my gutters without getting on a ladder. I've searched the internet including YouTube, where there seem to be a variety of devices that use a garden hose, or a shop vac, one that is a robot and a couple that attach to the end of a pole. (The one from worklesstools seems pretty cool). Does anyone have any experiences or recommendations pro or con for any of these methods? I'm not interested right now in installing gutter guards.

Thanks.

Old 08-31-10, 08:15 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Not sure what it's called but the one I like is a hose attachment shaped a little like a shower head - you hold it over the edge of the gutter and it shoots the water out with enough velocity to clean the crap out of it

Works great but wear a rain coat and hat when you use it

Old 08-31-10, 09:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 427 Votes on 382 Posts
20+ yrs ago a friend of mine took some water pipe and a couple of elbows to extend his water hose so he could flush out his gutters from the ground [he was getting too old for ladders] It worked well. 10 or so yrs ago I saw some commercially made attachments that basically did the same thing. The also make one that hooks up to a pressure washer but I'd think you'd need a heavy duty rain coat and big hat

Old 08-31-10, 10:44 AM
R
Another option . . . some leaf blower mfgs. such as Stihl and Echo make tube attachments for this purpose. These work fine when the gutter and debris are dry; otherwise, the air plasters wet stuff above gutter that then has to be hosed off.

The type Mitch 17 & marksr also work well. I made one from PVC pipe, and then found an irrigation spray head to attach to a U-shaped end. While not doing it yet, Ive thought about making a horizontal support plate, perhaps w/ small wheels or a fiberglass L, so that this device could rest on top edge of gutter and slide along it w/o scratching the paint.

Old 09-03-10, 09:21 AM
B
Thanks for the comments. After looking at what's available out there I think I'll try out that gutter cleaner from worklesstools.com. It looks pretty easy and you don't need a garden hose or a shop vac. I definitely don't want to invest in gutter guards just yet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: