slate roof

Old 10-02-10, 12:52 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
slate roof

My son was quoted a price of $8K to install these copper stops at the edge of his slate roof (400 of them) are they needed? What do they do? And is the price high for the long island ny area? Thanks

Old 10-03-10, 09:49 AM
P
slate roof

I am puzzled by your post, I have seen thousands of slate roofs.

Wonderful things, a good slate roof will last for four hundred years, and during that time you may replace a few cracked slates, but most of the roof will just last and last.

I have never seen a copper anything attached to a slate roof, except for the copper nails that hold the slates on, two copper nails to each slate.

Have you a picture

Old 10-03-10, 10:15 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,181 Upvotes on 1,951 Posts
Do you mean snow guards to prevent ice and snow from sliding off the roof? Their price is highly variable depending on what you get. There are less expensive off the shelf plain ones all the way up to custom, highly decorative versions costing considerably more. $20 each, installed is not a difficult price to imagine. Also if your son's roof is high, steep or otherwise difficult to access it could drive up the installation cost.

Old 10-03-10, 10:39 AM
S
Pilot, yes to all you said, I guess if you pay $3Mil. for a house $8k for the snow guards are not bad. Thanks for the reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: