standing seam metal roof

Old 11-17-10, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
standing seam metal roof

i have a customer that has a standing seam metal roof, and i am looking for a fireplace flashing 8 inch that will seal on the roof. i have a roofing co. on the task but i am having no luck. i was told there is a special flashing for any metal roof . anything will be helpful .

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-10, 06:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 302 Votes on 275 Posts
I found these online. They should work for you, provided you can locate the stack between ribs. Note the temperature difference between EPDM and Silicone.

Old 11-17-10, 11:05 AM
Is this a square brick fireplace you will build a cricket for , or a round metal one? If it is a round metal one, you can use a standard flashing as long as it is steel or aluminum, but it gets installed differently. First you have to remove the panels where it will go being carefull not to damage. Standing seam comes mechanicaly seamed or snap lock, if you have mechanical it will be very hard not to damage the panels, good luck. Second, cut your hole and install the chimney and flashing, nailing it to the roof deck. Then carefully cut the panels around it to fit and put a quality polyeurethane like NP1 or QUAD on the flashing and set the panels on top of it, then screw it every 6 inches around the chimney through the surface over where the caulk is. Use a screw called a wood zac, it has its own poly washer with it ansd we use it for 5-V metal roofing that gets exposed fasteners. If your roof is mechanical seamed you will need to seem it back with a seamer. If you are doing a brick chimney you still have to remove panels, but you will need wall metal, Z metal and valley for the cricket. I think if you go to JM Metals or Sunlast metals web sight you may be able to see some of the profiles.If not at least you can call them and they will help you and ship if local.

Old 11-20-10, 05:51 AM
thanks for your help we went online looked at some products,and the roofing co. we are working with is going to remove a panel of the metal install the metal flashing and replace the panel around the flashing that is to be used with that f.p.
thanks for the help!