Re-roofing with metal

Old 12-18-00, 07:47 PM
Visiting Guest
I would like to know where I can find information on installation procedures for metal roofing. I do sheetmetal work for a living and don't want to replace my current cedar roof with new cedar but want to go with metal. I'm looking for technical info and not information for the homeowner. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-19-00, 03:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure on this and may be wrong, but basically up until now, this information has only been available to licensed contractors and roofers. I think it can only be installed by a licensed contractor and takes a building permit for sure. If the above has changed it has only been very recently. Good Luck

Old 12-20-00, 07:56 AM
Visiting Guest
In addition to system manufacturer information, two very recognized sources for design and application information for metal roofs are: NRCA's Metal Roofing Manual, 4th Ed.(www.nrca.net) and SMACNA's Architectural Sheet Metal Manual, 5th Edition (www.smacna.org). The majority of the information covered in these manual concerns standing seam metal roofing. Neither manual discusses exposed fastened, corrugated metal panels. These types of panels are considered agricultural and are traditionally appropriate for secondary, not primary structures.

If you are interested is viewing different profiles, a good website is http://www.metalroof.org. The website is hosted by the Metal Roofing Alliance, and they display many profiles and system types including metal shingle panels that minic clay tile and wood shakes. The website also has links to many metal roof manufacturers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: