roofing

Old 12-27-00, 04:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

we live in SE Ohio. and recentaly had a new metal roof installed on our home. I think it was put on wrong because the condensation is so bad that on a sunny day the water is dripping into the house through my light fixtures, ceilings and around the windows. The contractor we used said that every one gets condensation with metal roofs. Is this true and where can I find instructions on how to install a metal roof so I can see if it's up there properly?

Old 12-27-00, 10:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Something is missing here. Lets start from scratch. Your roof has sheeting on it CORRECT, #30 felt was first laid down before your metal roof was installed CORRECT. You had these two elements on your old roof. I cannot see how the condensation can leak into your home, unless one of the two or both elements I mentioned above are missing. Check this out first. Now, your contractor is right. All metal roofs get condensation. What kind of metal roof do you have. Are you referring to metal shingles ? You will have very little luck in finding info on installing metal roofs. They can only be installed by contractors. Get back to us with the answers. Like I said, something is missing here.

Old 12-27-00, 10:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Dear Jack, thanks for the reply. We had new trusses put on the house to accommodate the addition, then they placed 2x4's horizonally across to nail the roofing to. The roof is metal sheets with the v shaped crimps. then he put fan fold in between the trusses. that's all that was done.

Old 12-31-00, 12:46 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
That is a great way to install a roof on a barn with all the vertalation you need but on a house. like Jack said some thing is missing. Did the contractor take out a permit to change and install the roof? Go and see your local building Department and check to see if he should have got a permit to do the work. and how it should have been installed. Contact the manufacture of the metal roofing and get instaltion instruction from them, they want you to be happy with there product and will help you find the problem...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: