flat roof

Old 12-27-00, 08:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I have a flat (almost totally flat) roof over two rooms of my house that I purchased 4 years ago. The previous owner has told us that these two rooms were and addition to the original house that was done approximately 17 years ago. My problem is that within about 6-months of purchasing the house our roof began to leak. We have tried re-shingling, patching among other things but nothing lasts more than a couple of months before the leaking begins again.

Raising the pitch of the roof is probably not an option for us as there is a window aproximately 6-inches above the very top of the roof.

The previous owners claimed that there was no leaking when they owned the house and there was no evidence of water when we bought the house.

What can we do for reliable flat roofing??

Terry Hedglin

Old 12-27-00, 11:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tell me the size of your roof, and get back to us.

Old 12-27-00, 05:52 PM
Visiting Guest
size of flat roof

My roof is about 20x25

Old 01-05-01, 02:42 PM
Visiting Guest
"^" Roof

20x25 is quite big.

If you cannot raise the pitch along the wall where you have the window, try raising the pitch in the middle and create an Inverted "V" roof.

How many sides of this room are open ? 2 or 3?

Old 01-19-01, 09:39 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The usual recccommedation in Wisconsin is to use some type of rubber membrane such as EPDM. Can be difficult to work with and install properly with no experience even if you can find a source for supplies so it is usually best to get a roofing contractor out. Usually they will give you a 10 year warranty. On my house the bid came in at roughly 5.00 per square foot with new insulation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: