Roof repair

Old 12-27-00, 03:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello

I live in Florida and am getting ready to sale my home. In the last two hurricanes, I lost six or seven asphalt shingles each time from my roof. We had a roofer come and put new ones back. They seems to match at the time. The roof is only 7 years old and the roofer said the roof was in very good shape. We then decide to have the roof cleaned. After the cleaning we could see even from the ground that the new shingles were lighter. We have looked everywhere for shingles that would match better and we can't find them. Is there something we could do to make the shingles match so it would not be so noticeable from the road? Is there anywere we could buy older shingles or is there a paint (stain) that would darken up the lighter shingles? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 12-31-00, 12:38 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
Would love to help...but are the shingles wood? or do you know who made them? what color are they?
Now for a quick fix you can take shingles from the back or some part of the house that is not in veiw and trade places with the odd colored ones in the front...

Old 12-31-00, 03:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Roof

They are asphalt shingles, I don't know who made them or what the original color was. The color we replaced them with was Aspen Gray the manfact. is Owens Corning.

Nslater

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: