Replace Drip edge on new roof due to wrong color?

Old 03-20-11, 06:28 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replace Drip edge on new roof due to wrong color?

I had a new roof put on my house last fall and they put on the wrong color drip edge. It is on all perimeters of house ex: gabels. By time we talked about painting or replacing winter came and I decided to have replaced. Contractor stated wait until spring until warm weather so the shingles will not be brittle and that is what we did. Now spring time is here and would like to know is this a big project and am I going to have bigger problems since they have to pull this off and replace all the way around house. Nails for this drip edge is about 1 1/2 inches back under shingles. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Old 03-20-11, 08:49 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The contractor put the wrong color of drip edge on, and he agrees that it's the wrong color and will take care of it?? Don't worry about the size of HIS problem!! He knows about it and he'll correct his mistake. I understand his thinking of waiting for spring and warm weather.

Let him fix it, and see where it goes. It's nothing that you need to lose any sleep over, as long as he's a reputable contractor.

Old 03-20-11, 08:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,646 Upvotes on 1,474 Posts
http://forum.doityourself.com/roofin...ment-hard.html

You'll probably get the same answers as the last time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: