Hiring someone to level gutters

Old 04-03-11, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hiring someone to level gutters

Hello,
I live in a home that was built int he early 80's and we move in four years ago. The metal gutters appear to be in fine shape physically (in terms of no corrosion or rotting) but have spots around the house where they are out of level and therefore water does not drain in the direction it is intended to. I have two question regarding this issue.

1) Will I be able to find some to competently re-level the gutters? I'm guessing that most big roofing/gutter companies won't want this type of work and that the people that would be interested will be smaller contractors?

2) If yes what would a fair price be for this type of work assuming it may be a time and materials type bid.

Thanks for any ideas anyone may have.

Cheers,
wvdthree

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-11, 06:20 AM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Gutters

This is a Do-It-Yourself forum and I think you could if you do not mind climbing a ladder. There are brackets available which fit inside the gutter and give a neat appearance. Others will follow.

Old 04-04-11, 01:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 131 Votes on 117 Posts
A handyman might be a good choice although in this economy a gutter company might be interested - they might also look for reasons to sell you a new gutter

I agree that it can be a diy project

Old 04-11-11, 07:03 AM
Received 28 Votes on 24 Posts
#1 gutters are not set level, there has to be some sloop or the water will just lay in them.
Any handi man with two people or gutter company should be able to do this job in an hour or so.
It may just need more hangers to pull it back where it should be.
May take longer if you have those ugly gutter nails instead of hidden gutter hangers.