water leaking under door

Old 12-29-00, 08:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

How can I stop water leaking under a door? DH has tried numerous things on the outside such as concrete, roof calk, silicone calk. When the room was built, bottom plate is treated and calked prior to installation. Door is plumb. Water leaks either underneath or to the sides and all over the floor. Now with winter here, air can be felt, as well as I have had bugs, worms, you name it, it gets in. Should I calk from the inside? I am afraid there is lots of water damage being caused on the inside of the wall. What can I do? Sidewalk may not be sloped correctly. It is approx 3 feet from door and flower bed after.

Old 12-31-00, 12:26 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
HELLO
You do not say if you have a tight fit on the door to jamb and threshold, is there a door bottom on the door, this is a wether strip door bottom. is there trim on the out side of the door, is the trim sealed tight on top and sides to house and door frame? To help you we must know where the water is coming in or how every thing was installed to see if we can come up with a plan to stop the leak....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: