Charlie Noble?


Old 04-10-11, 11:00 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phila, PA
Posts: 17
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Charlie Noble?

An old timer pointing to a house roof one day said to my wife, "See that? That is called a Charlie Noble."
I know there is a nautical term but has anyone heard of a part of a house design that is called a Charlie Noble?
Any pictures?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-11, 12:15 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,569
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Charlie Noble

Charles Noble is the name of an architect(sp?).
Old 04-10-11, 01:32 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 21,119
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Likely he may have just been talking about the chimney?
Old 04-10-11, 06:32 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,967
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Most likely the copper flashing around the chimney or other parts. Just a wag.
Old 04-11-11, 06:45 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,473
Received 29 Votes on 25 Posts
Why not ask the man that said it?
Charlie Noble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: