metal roof ,bathroom and kitchen vent


Old 04-13-11, 09:38 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
metal roof ,bathroom and kitchen vent

I was wondering if they make a special bathroom vent -(4" )- and kitchen range vent -(7" or 3-1/4" x 10")to go through a sheet metal roof with about 1-1/2" high ridges every 9".

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-11, 09:50 AM
tldoug's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 317
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What they make are boots that fit the vent stacks with a malleable base that will conform to and seal the roof around the openings. Your local Home Center (used to be lumber yard) should have these. Otherwise, online search for metal roof vent boots should get you moving in the right direction.
Old 04-14-11, 05:22 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,967
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Here's an example of what to look for. Very common. #2RT RED SILICONE RECTANGULAR-BASE PIPE FLASHING
Old 04-14-11, 06:16 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,561
Received 42 Votes on 37 Posts
It would be better in some cases to run it out a gable end wall or over to a soffit, as opposed to going out the roof.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: