what to do for home inspection

Old 04-25-11, 08:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what to do for home inspection

I'm selling my house and have cleared up most problems that the home inspector will be looking at. There's one outstanding problem, dealing with the gutters.

Here's an overhead drawing of the back of my house. The dark gray is the roof, the red is a downspout . the light gray is poured concrete sidewalk, the brown(ish) is dirt. the black is a short, 1' high railroad tie wall holding back dirt.

Unfortunately I bought the house like this. So when it rains, the downspout drops directly over the concrete, and with no where to run off, the water pools. I could lead the downspout to the dirt, on the left side of the house, but that's right up against the foundation.

I ended up putting one of those patches in the gutter so all the water drains to the other (right) side of the house, where it eventually leads about 6' away from the house onto the lawn. This actually works fine.

So my question is: what's going to be least offensive to a home inspector:
1) just make the downspout lead into the dirt next to the house
2) remove the downspout - I can't remove the drop part, it's rivetted on, and hope the inspector sees the patch that forces the water to the other side.
3) any other ideas?

Old 04-28-11, 07:48 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A dry well is the only other idea that comes to mind.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: