Insulating attic space

Old 05-20-11, 11:20 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Insulating attic space

Hello everone, I am new to this forum and hope I am welcome to all of the tried and true advice and experiences!
I hope this is a good location for the question!
I have a Mobile home which I would like to build a truss framed roof over and gains efficient heating quality. I have already started the floor frame supports that will hold the roof, but I was told that I may have to vent the existing metal roof to allow moisture to esscape. The man suggesting says my work will be for not if moisture condensates on the metal roof trapped under the new roof!
Francis

Old 05-20-11, 11:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 429 Votes on 383 Posts
Welcome to the forums Francis!

I built my home around an older single wide MH. The center or my attic floor is the MH roof. I've added R19 to that floor and I'm not aware of any issues with moisture between the MH ceilings and the MH roof. I do have plenty of soffit vents and a gable vent on each end. The roof was completed about 17-18 yrs ago.

Old 05-20-11, 12:11 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you didn't have that mobile home roof and only put up the new wood frame roof, you would need to ventilate it for the same reason. Vent all of your soffits and put a ridge vent in. Make sure you leave an air gap between the insulation and the roof deck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: