Keeping leafs out of gutter

Old 05-30-11, 01:20 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Keeping leafs out of gutter

Has anyone installed a product similar to gutter helmet or gutterguard yourself? If so, what product did you use and are you satisfied with the outcome? Any tips on installation process?

Thanks, Tennisman

Old 05-30-11, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Oversize seamless gutters to keep them open and let the wind suck them out. If they are installed properly, the water will flush the debris out through large down spouts. It is a great solution for winter to let the sun get at the gutters and keep them open instead of causing bridging the gutter during light fluffy snow falls we get that are followed by a lot of cold air and very warm radient sun.

Dick

Old 05-30-11, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Used the homestore plastic ones. Lasted 8 yrs. Just remove some sections from warping. Have not cleaned the gutters in 8 yrs, but this yr I did because the warping caused debris to get in.

They are $1 for 3 ft. Cheap, and they work. I will reinstall before the fall.

Mike NJ

Old 05-31-11, 08:15 AM
I used the ones from Hallett, so far it's doing good. It's the traditional reverse curve type, but with regular checks and cleaning it's been on my house for almost 4 years now.

Old 06-16-11, 05:56 PM
S
Rainfilter was inexpensive and works excellent

Just had my all my facia metal clad, and installed new gutters. I purchased Rainfilter from Costco at $45 per box (2 boxes) that did just under 100 feet of gutter. The installer was really impressed with how easily they installed, and how well they work. Anyone could install them in no time. You can find them on the net. Cheers!

Old 06-17-11, 11:03 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,262 Upvotes on 1,203 Posts
My parents installed gutter helmet several years ago after the old man fell off the roof trying to clean out the gutters

They've been happy with them

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: