Loud roof cracking sound - new roof.

Old 08-13-11, 03:01 PM
L
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loud roof cracking sound - new roof.

Hi,

We had our barrel tile roof replaced early summer last year. We live in South Florida. At some point I started hearing very a very loud cracking sound a couple times a day. It seems to occur 4:30 pm TO 6:30 pm. It is always in the same general place. It is about as loud as if you were to clap your hands together as hard as you could.

The did replace some fascia but I think that is the only wood replaced and that wasn't in the area I hear the noise. There was no truss work or anything else done.

I called the roofer about 6 months ago and tried to explain it to him over the phone. He said he never heard of anything like it.

I see that others have posted similar problems on this forum when they have large remodeling / additions done. In our case this was just new tar and tiles and some metal rails to which they now attach the tiles for code.

I thought maybe I'd buy a tape recorder and try to catch the sound to bring it to the roofer for feedback.

Any thoughts appreciated. Should I just let it be ? Do you think in time it will stop ? The house is on the market at the moment and if and well we do find a buyer I'd hate for them to inherit a problem.

Thanks

Old 09-08-11, 07:55 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw your post today. I would go on the roof to see if anything is loose. I would also check for animals. Are there any trees close to that area? Does the sun leave that area at that time?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: