Soffit, gutter, high areas!

Old 08-20-11, 06:54 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soffit, gutter, high areas!

Hello, This is my frist post.

But added myself to this Forums to get some help.

Ok I have a few buddys that roof and trying to get someone for my soffit, but on the one side there isn't much room for a scafold, since there is brushes in the way, Is there anything that I may do or use to get this done.

I had in mind, to maybe cut some of the brush down(trim it), but was hoping I didn't have to do it this way.

Old 08-20-11, 05:57 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Look into pole jack scaffolding. It is a single pole with a jack built in to lift the plank you walk on. Using 2 of these means you only need about a 6 inch square place to set the pole on each end of the plank. Then it hooks to the siding or sheathing to hold the top of the pole. If you do not want holes in the siding then you would need to remove some so you can fasten the pole to the sheathing or studs.

Old 08-20-11, 06:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 698 Likes on 616 Posts
It would help to have a pic or two of the bushes so we can see just what you are dealing with; http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Often scaffolding can be worked into or around the bushes. Remember you just have the 2 ends and then the bracing. Scaffolding comes in different heights with 4' and 5' bucks being the most popular. Once you figure out how to set the initial scaffold, the rest usually goes up fairly easy.

Another option would be 2 extension ladders along with ladder jacks and a pic board to lay across them. I've never used them but I've seen the pole jacks used fairly often.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 08-21-11, 06:39 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at them pole jack, they look neat, but from what I seen they only go 24 feet?

I will try and get some picture today and post them.

thanks for the help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: