What Sealant to use on Metal Flashing

Old 09-29-11, 05:44 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 7
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What Sealant to use on Metal Flashing

I have a Satellite Dish that needs to come down off the side of my house. It is anchored with 4 bolts into the metal flashing. My question is what type of sealant should I use to fill the holes with? The weather comes towards the house from the side the dish is so that's what raises my concern. I have pictures but I'm not aloud to post attachments (?). I can e-mail the pictures to anyone who thinks it's necessary to see them.
Old 09-29-11, 05:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,696
Received 842 Upvotes on 739 Posts
Silicone caulk should work. Pics always help; http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html
Old 09-29-11, 05:53 AM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 19,281
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
How To Put Pictures In Your Post - DoItYourself.com Community Forums If you feel they may help

If you can't replace the trim or put a new piece right over the area with the holes, I would probably just fill them with a polyurethane caulk. Might be better to run the bolts back in with a bead of sealant under the heads...then put more over them.
Old 09-29-11, 04:42 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,127
Received 1,924 Upvotes on 1,728 Posts
Geocel 2300 clear tripolymer would be my first choice.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: