leaky flat roof similar to terryhedgin

Old 01-09-01, 10:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi,
terryhedgin's description of her flat roof and leaks are almost identical to mine. the only difference is we are going to have our add-on remodeled with the inverted "V" roof...but not until this summer. In the mean time we just had our first real rain of the season and the roof is leaking. We don't want to put a lot of money (nothing over $300) into the roof as we will be remodeling the entire add-on this summer. Right now we have two layers of tarps covering the roof. The first layer starts about midway down the "good" roof and covers the add-on, the second layer starts about a foot over the opposite side of the "good" roof and covers from the top of the "good" roof to ~5 feet over the first layer of tarp. We put the tarps on after the leaking began so there is damage, what we hope to accomplish with our tarps is no more leaking until we can get the remodel done. My question is, is there anything more we can do in addition to or in place of our tarps to help us get through the rainy season. Fortunately, the rainy season where I live is very short. Thank you for your help.

Old 01-11-01, 09:04 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
As long as the tarps are doing their job and keeping the water from doing any more damage, leave them alone. If the tarps start leaking before you are ready to start your project, cover the roof with one large sheet of 6 mil plastic. You can get rolls that are at least 20' X 50'.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: