This a fair price for metal roofing??

Old 12-20-11, 07:40 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This a fair price for metal roofing??

I am going to replace my shingle roof with a metal one. I am in northern Ohio. I have a quote from an Amish roofer who has a good reputation and a good rating with the BBB. So I would like to go with this guy but before I commit I thought I'd ask on here to see if his price appears fair. He will be using 26 square on 3 separate gables with 2 chimneys and 2 vent stacks. Old roof will be removed and "Ice Guard" placed. He is asking for $275 a square for the roof with the Ice Guard and removal of old shingles and extra $2,700. I just want to save dragging a lot of contractors out here for an estimate where if this price seems fair I'll just go with him. I'm just looking for some opinions. thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 12-20-11, 02:56 PM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Metal Roofing

What gauge metal will the contractor furnish?

This web site may help:

Metal Roofing and Steel Siding Cost

I am sure you know that the lower gauge number means a thicker metal and a higher gauge number means thinner metal.

Old 12-21-11, 04:47 AM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jeeze,, thanks,,, never thought about that. I will check.

Old 12-21-11, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
What's the extra $2700 for? You didn't say. Has he explained his method of dealing with vent pipes, flashing the chimneys. They must be done right, or you will have problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: