flat roof repair


Old 03-22-12, 09:47 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 99
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
flat roof repair

i live in southern arizona. my house has a bur type flat roof. around the main scupper is an area of about 1'x 2' with some cracking.

i am planning to patch and then paint with a reflective coating.

the two most popular patching products in my area are elastek crack and joint seal, a waterbased product, and henry's 209, a rubberized solvent based patching product.

does anyone have any experience with either of these products? i leaning toward the henry's 209 because there is some slight ponding around the scupper. i'm thinking the solvent based product will hold up better than the waterbased in ponding areas.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-12, 05:38 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,986
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I haven't used either but I would agree that the rubberized product would better.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: