need advice on foam roof for church

Old 05-20-12, 05:37 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
need advice on foam roof for church

Hi! I wanted to ask for some advice on getting a new foam roof for our church. It's a flat roof, about 1000 square feet, in Seattle so very rainy. I've read wildly varying prices for the cost of material and installation. First of all, can anyone tell me what we're looking at for the cost of materials? Second, I may have found a roofer who will barter for the labor, how can I find out if he knows how to do foam roofs well? Third, if we do decide to hire someone, what should be the cost of installation, and putting them together, the total cost per square feet? I've heard anything from 85 cents to five dollars. We're short on cash, so we'd be looking to get the inexpensive version, will it still be a good roof? Thanks for any advice you can give us.

Old 05-21-12, 03:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It may be impossible for us to tell you the cost of such a project. Your getting estimates from a number of sources is your best indicator. Last I heard you couldn't barter your way to heaven , just kidding. I just didn't know what a church could offer in the form of barte. What was the barter to consist of? Do you know how it will compare to the real estimates in real money terms? I know how money is tight, and you want to do it as cheaply as possible. Just remember Morton Thiokol was the low bidder on the "O" ring for the Challenger, so cheap isn't always the best way to go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: