Re-hanging gutters question

Old 07-03-12, 05:46 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-hanging gutters question

I recently replaced the fascia board on one side of my garage, I am going to re-use both the gutter (seemless) and drip edge. I purchased the fascia bracket type gutter hangers as seen in the picture below. I opted for this type as my roof line has a bit of a sag which makes pitching correctly a bit tougher, and I thought if I could snap a line and hang these and then just set the gutter in, it would be a piece of cake. The previous homeowner/roofer had the gutter brackets drilled through the drip edge, which doesn't seem logical. My question is, at the high end of the gutter, if I have to mount the gutter so it comes in contact with the drip edge, should I snip out a notch where it would come in contact with the top strap of the bracket? Should I just let it lay on the strap? Or should I not have the gutter mounted so high in the first place? I'm thinking that once I measure out my pitch, the last option won't be available to me because I won't have enough fascia left. I just don't know how much gap is acceptable between the bottom of the drip edge and the gutter.
Thanks!

Name:  213kPStUG5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  7.6 KB

Old 07-03-12, 06:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,641 Likes on 1,469 Posts
I would bend the gutter apron upward so that it will lay on top of the strap, rather than notch it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: