Damp recommendations

Old 10-10-12, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Damp recommendations

I've recently noticed some damp in the top corner of an external facing wall (near the ceiling). The room seems to have had previous damp problems since before I moved in, but it hasn't been like this previously.

After decorating a few months ago some of the paint has now fell off the walls - it's more wet than damp!

The external wall does have a gutter on the outside, but I haven't noticed any external signs that it might be the cause.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-12, 10:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Votes on 127 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

We need more info to understand what is going on. Pics would really help - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Is there attic space above the peeling paint? What type of roof? siding? Is the gutter clean and pitched correctly?

Old 10-12-12, 04:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water leaking in front of house

I live in a Terraced house, North Facing when the rain is heavy water is seeping in from somewhere and dripping from the top of the UPVC window, the wall above window is damp aprox 1ft, The inside wall behind the front door is also damp (wallpaper is lifting)
The entire Front panel window and door are 2 years old,

This house had a front porch when originally built and there is a concrete beam Lintel protruding out the front approx 3cm, could this be where the water is making ingress?

Old 10-12-12, 05:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Votes on 127 Posts
It sounds like when the porch roof was removed there should of been a flashing installed to divert the water from the siding. Pics would help us better understand the situation