reroofing steep roof

Old 01-28-01, 08:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

what is the best way to work on a very steep roof. (about 45 to 50 degrees slope). Is it advisable to rent a bucket truck and work or is there any othe safe way to work up there. I have a lot of roofing work to do.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-01, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the roof is that steep and you have that much to do, I would hire a pro to do it. Get several estimates, eliminate the highest and lowest, and choose from the rest. It'll cost less than the rental of the boom truck, and will go a lot faster.

Old 01-29-01, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In your case Lefty is absolutely correct. A roof that steep is nothing to mess with. A pro will have all the scaffolding, ladders, and roof jacks with him. With the proper equipment they will fix your roof in a hurry. When working on projects like this, you want to stop and think what would happen if you fell off the roof. You would probably be laid up for awhile or worse. Good Luck

Old 01-29-01, 09:40 AM
Visiting Guest
steep roof

Jack and Lefty are right,safety first!
When you find a contractor get options on all sorts of materials to suit the look of your house.

Old 01-29-01, 06:54 PM
Visiting Guest
If it is 45 degree slope or 12:12 pitch it is definitely a job for someone with lots of experience.

I/we do this stuff for a living and would probably hire a roofer to do that job.