Roof Damaged Badly due to some pipe leaks

Old 11-07-12, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Roof Damaged Badly due to some pipe leaks

hi mates!

I am from Pakistan. I have a problem and I hope you will help me to get out of this situation. One part of problem can be seen in picture attached to this post, i.e. roof is badly damaged due to some leaks of pipes.

Some Information:
  • Roof is RCC i.e. concrete.
  • Pipes in roof are not plastic. These are some wrought iron type stuff.
  • There is a wash room on the roof, towards arrow is pointing(in 1st pic).As shown in 2nd picture
  • Roof exactly below the Bath room (above) is not in such bad condition, i.e. there is no damage done so far.

Problem:
Big Problem is that bathroom is furnished with expensive tiles. So I want to save them from damage. Little damage is acceptable.

I have contacted many local Plumbers but everything in vain. They are demanding to dig whole the Bathroom

So can you please advise me what to do in this situation to avoid maximum damage?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-12, 06:38 AM
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You might need to include more pictures and information regarding thickness of the concrete (?) and how the piping is run within (or on top).
The style of construction you have there is very different to what we have here in Canada or the US, so it'll take a bit for us to understand how it is setup and offer suggestions.

Old 11-10-12, 03:43 PM
Temporarily Suspended
What do you mean by a wash room on the roof? Maybe you can post some wide angled photos of exactly what you have.

Old 11-11-12, 12:41 AM
Thankyou very much Mike and Pulpo !

Thankyou very much Mike and Pulpo !

I am not that good in English Language and also there might be difference in terminology.
Actually this mentioned house is in Multan City which is about 300Km away from my home town Rahimyar Khan. So it is not possible for me to provide updated pictures. However I am planning to visit there on 20th of this month. Then I will upload new Panorama pics or Video.

However I have tried to make a sketch diagram of house layout. It might help you to understand the location. Total area of Plot is 2300 square feet.

Construction is totally brick and mortar. Roof is of RCC. i.e. concrete. Walls are of 9 inch. Roof is also 9 Inch thick.
All Wiring and piping is underground.

However If not yet possible to understand then I will visit Multan and make video.

Thanks again for your time.

Attached Images   
Old 11-19-12, 06:47 AM
I think a very important detail to know is where the pipes are in that concrete. Nine inches is thick. If the pipes are towards the top of the concrete, accessing them from below is going to be very difficult.