mold in basement caused from gutters: Repairs?

Old 03-04-13, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mold in basement caused from gutters: Repairs?

I have mold in my basemnt. It was caused from yankee gutters having water get behind them (great job home inspector). I hva an old house where the studs run the entire height of the house. I have mold now in drywall above the basement window. I am unsure of how to repair it. Pictures are turned. The left side of the pictures is the top.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-13, 04:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Whose home inspector was it....yours independently or one suggested by the real estate agent? The latter will "getcha" every time. They are there to facilitate a sale only.
If he didn't see that, and it hasn't been years, then he needs to be in another line of business. I would start by removing all the offending sheetrock and disposing of it. Wear a respirator and eye protection when doing this. If it involves more than one room, it may be more beneficial to have a mold remediation team to tackle it.

Old 03-05-13, 09:49 AM
So, the water is leaking in at the top of the window? I'd start outside and see where it is coming in. Fix the leak first.

Old 03-06-13, 08:45 AM
The leak has been fixed. I am concerned with the wood behind the wall that runs the entire height of the house. Redoing kitchen wall is not an option at this time ($$). I am redoing my son's room with the mold, but I do not see any mold on the weeod, just the sheetrock.

Old 03-07-13, 08:21 AM
So, start thinking small. It might be just a water damaged section of sheet rock?
Simple repair.