Garage Wall/Concrete Waterproofing

Old 04-02-13, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage Wall/Concrete Waterproofing

Hello. I have detached one car garage that I could use some opinions on. Here is the story. The garage is about 50 years old and the concrete slab underneath it has severely cracked over time. This caused one side of the garage to slide down the slab and become badly warped. I do not have a lot of extra money so the last summer I was able to pull the wall back to level, and secure it the concrete.

With doing that the side the wall now sits farther back on the concrete, mainly due to cracked slab. Here is my problem. When it rains, water will now pool on the concrete where I pulled the side of the garage back. This pool will seep under the studs of the wall and into my garage. As a temporary fix I have sprayed foam where the siding and concrete meet. But I know this won't work long term. See pictures below.

http://i.imgur.com/6UmZt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GwjPF.jpg

My posted this same question a while ago and got an answer on using flashing for this, but I can't any flashing that will work. I'm thinking my best solution right now is to use some sort of sealant, but I have no idea on what would work best.

I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions on my problem. Thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-13, 05:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 124 Posts
I can't any flashing that will work.
Not sure what you mean You might not find flashing already bent that will fit but it's not a big deal to custom bend the metal. A bending brake works best but I have used 2 pieces of straight lumber and C clamps to make the bends.

Old 04-03-13, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks marksr, wasn't sure if you were still on this forum. You helped out before. What type of metal would you suggest I get and where might I get that? I have Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes all close to me. I appreciate the help.

Old 04-03-13, 05:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 124 Posts
I'm more on the painting end than construction but aluminum is what is normally used. It bends and cuts easily and doesn't rust. I'm not sure you'll find what you need at a big box store. I'd try a vinyl/aluminum supply house. If you have you measurements with you, you might luck out and find a contractor there that will bend them for a small fee.