Dripping Gutter Under Deck - Video Included

Old 07-23-13, 05:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Dripping Gutter Under Deck - Video Included

Underneath my deck there is a guttering so when it rains it is suppose to catch the water and direct it down into the gutter so under neath the deck stays as dry as possible.

The water is dripping back on the underside and dripping onto the gutter which is causing a lot of water under my deck. I have video to better explain. Help me out. Not sure what I need to do stop the water from dripping backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uz1K6mgJCc

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-13, 03:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It appears the pitch of the under deck application is too shallow. Do you know the height at the house versus the height at the outlet? I have had to go in and correct pitches on several under decks where the "contractor" allowed 2" in 14', hardly enough to run the water from one end to the other. On top of that, they fed birds on their deck above it, so any uneaten seed, etc. would fall between the cracks, rest on the under deck and rot.....that and bear poop. I took it down and told the owner to call me when it was cleaned.

Old 07-23-13, 05:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 229 Votes on 211 Posts
I agree w/Larry... it is probably installed at a very shallow pitch, and debris is blocking it from draining. If you can't power wash between the cracks, you'll have to take it down to clean it.