How to adjust the slope on a pool enclosure gutter

Old 08-18-13, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to adjust the slope on a pool enclosure gutter

I've been working on the severe erosion issue in my backyard, which I've traced in part to one of the downspouts (outside the pool enclosure) running down the yard. I installed a rain barrel, hoping to save water as well as divert it. Every time it rains heavily, the rain barrel overflows, so I got up on the roof to clean out the gutters. The downspout on the opposite side of the yard is always dry, so I figured it must be clogged. No, in fact a wasp nest had taken up residence, it was so dry. After staring at the gutter for a while, I realized that the middle of the gutter has fallen down slightly (degree wise, not structurally). I realize that the gutter is attached to the pool enclosure via screws in the down bars (not sure what these are called), but I don't know how to adjust them. The pool enclosure seems very solid. Any ideas on how to correct the angle of the gutter?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-13, 06:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 226 Votes on 208 Posts
You probably have to remove the screws and position the gutter properly and re-screw. Often installers use self drilling & tapping screws but if not you may first need to drill a hole in the frame in the new location.