how to replace gutters between roof and pool screen?

Old 10-27-13, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how to replace gutters between roof and pool screen?

We recently purchased a home that I've been rehabbing for the last 6 weeks, and I'm just about at the point of dealing with the outdoor repairs. One of my major jobs is to replace some rusted out and leaking gutters that pour water down on to the pool deck every time it rains. Problem is that the gutters are fitted between the rood edge and pool screen framework, and I'm wondering how I'm supposed to get them out and replace them, as at least visually from below, it looks like the gutters are attached to the screen frame. It's obviously going to be a nightmare job if I also have to take down part of the screen frame in order to replace the gutters.

I'll post some pictures in the next few days to make the situation clearer, but does anyone have experience of this kind of issue?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-13, 11:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 311 Votes on 285 Posts
Have you gotten up top and looked at how the gutter is attached? Most are done through the face but there are some hangers that can be accessed from above.

I assume the pool screen or lanai was added later and they just butted it up against the gutter. If the gutter is held up with nails or screws through the face the best option is to move or remove the screen but I'm guessing you won't like that answer. You can also, from above use a reciprocating saw and cut the fasteners off close to the house. Rip out the gutter then remove the protruding part of the fasteners from the facia. When you install a new gutter get the hidden hangers that have a screw in the top to make installation easier.