Drip edge, gutter, fascia spacing question

Old 03-22-14, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Drip edge, gutter, fascia spacing question

So I have taken on the project of bead boarding my porch ceiling. My ceiling joist are so out of level (upto 1 3/4 inches in some spots) that I decided to drop the ceiling with 2x6s sistered to the ceiling joists with deck screws. So now my ceiling new joist height is nice an level...........but when we got towards the end we noted our fascia board space has run out, so if we put up bead board it will be under the end of the fascia. sooooo what are my options. I noted a bit over 3/4 inch space between drip edge and fascia, was thinking of putting a 1x10 to add the 3 inches or so of clearance i need. Is there a space per code regs that says there has to be space between drip edge and fascia?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-14, 07:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 303 Votes on 276 Posts
No. You can either remove your existing fascia and replace it with something wider, or if you have the room, install a new, wider fascia on top of the old one.

Old 03-22-14, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks X. I think you have answered questions on my other posts. I will contribute as soon as I am done. Been taking pics along the way that will hopefully help someone in the future should they have to do this. So I guess 1x10 it is, will drop me and give me almost an extra inch if needed. Love this forum!!